An Online Master of Laws (LLM) is a postgraduate degree designed to enhance your academic legal knowledge, particularly focusing on specific areas of interest. Specially designed for law and non-law graduates who want to gain a Master’s qualification in law, this general International Master’s course allows students who are undecided at the point of application to choose their international law related specialisation at a later date.
The LLM International Law Online allows students who have a keen interest in international law to specialise in this growing and fascinating area of legal study. Students must select at least two approved International Law modules to satisfy the programme learning outcomes and complete their dissertation in an area of International Law.
When you study the LLM International Law Online with the University of Law you will:
- Broaden your career horizons with a valuable Master’s qualification in the specialist fields of your choosing
- Learn professional skills to make you stand out to potential employers
- Gain an up-to-date knowledge of law and practice in your chosen area and the impact of those developments on commercial and legal practice
- Receive one-to-one tutor support and feedback on your work from a fully-qualified lawyer
- Develop a portfolio demonstrating the law in practice
In addition to a general online induction to the programme, there is a two-week induction covering the Key Principles of the English Legal System. This is compulsory for non-law students, but also open to students wanting a refresher in the fundamentals of the law of England and Wales. This would be useful for any student who has taken a considerable break from legal education.
To help prepare you for your dissertation you’ll study a range of compulsory and further optional Research Methods Training sessions.
Please note that, due to Home Office regulations, students who require a Student Route visa to study with us are not permitted to study online and can only choose face-to-face taught modules.
Fees & Entry Requirements
Tuition fee – £6,700
2:2 or above Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent qualifications.